Despite this week dragging on and on (is it still really just Wednesday?), I got a lovely surprise yesterday evening. As is usual, I was taking a nap from about 4 until around 6, but I heard the UPS truck pull up at 6 yesterday. I thought, hmm....it's rather late for the UPS truck to be coming around...at least it won't be anything for me and I can stay in bed... Not so, my friends! The doorbell rang! So, I jumped up (hard to do, ya know), blind and with my hair smushed in every direction, to run to the door. Poor UPS man probably nearly had a heart attack at the sight of me... But he still gave me my delivery! After I shut the door, got my glasses on, and nearly fainted from the sight of my hair, I opened the package to find a lovely bouquet of white and yellow flowers! I thought...hmm.. that's odd....does someone think Snowp was born already? But no. The flowers were sent from my lovely college roommate, Bettina, just because she has heard that the last month of pregnancy can be rough. After much awww-ing from me and the cats realizing that their theories about my sanity were very spot on, I put the flowers into their vase and set them on the counter. I knew that overnight there would be some fatalities, but luckily, it appears that only some ferns were knocked out and no flowers were eaten or vases broken (have I mentioned that Olivia is a little devil?). Brian insisted that the flowers would not survive a day in the house alone, so I brought them to work with me and they are now sitting on my desk. I should have taken a picture, but I forgot. So you'll just have to imagine them in your mind.
That's pretty much it for today! Thanks Bettina - you are absolutely the best!
No comments:
Post a Comment