...that my uterus exists? I've been pondering this for the past two days. I know that it is extremely rare that women don't notice contractions, but I think there is some sort of disconnect between my brain and my uterus. I mean, I had no idea whatsoever that I was already somewhat dilated and effaced, no idea! Now that I've been trying to pay attention, I have noticed what I think are contractions, but they don't really hurt, so I've brushed them off as being Braxton Hicks. However, since I must have had some sort of contractions that led to progress, am I still likely to have Braxton Hicks or more likely to have real contractions??? Sometimes I wish I had a medical degree.... oops, guess I fell off that career path already! From what I've read, the location of these contractions (higher and lower, not just in the lower abdomen) seems like they're real. But seriously! If they're real, I should be able to at least notice when they start and end! I think I'm going crazy...
I also wonder if my regular doctor would like to know about my pondering, or if she really doesn't care one way or the other until I am crying in pain at the hospital...(something I hope to avoid anyway....crying? really? I'm a monster!!)
Another thing I've noticed is that snowp's movements = not so fun anymore. I know that this is normal because he's getting bigger, but goodness! I definitely notice him moving around (every time!), but it's only occasionally that I will either feel something or just look down at my belly and go, "hmmm...." and realize that the whole thing is hard as a rock. I still wonder if the rock hard belly is a contraction or if snowp has just balled himself up in an odd spot.... Guess I'll find out sooner or later....
Oh yeah, and I almost forgot. Of course, I'm still freaking out (just a bit) that we don't hit 37 weeks until Sunday. I want fully developed lungs on that boy, darn it!
No comments:
Post a Comment