The obsession continues
So...when I said that I was developing an obsession with cloth diapers, I meant it! First, I bought 5 used diapers off diaperswappers.com for a grand total of $35. This was to have some on hand, and to examine in hopes of making my own dipes. I then convinced Brian that we should really own a sewing machine, and we went to Sears and got an $80 Kenmore. (It works beautifully and doesn't have any fancy buttons that we would be afraid to use.) We then went over to JoAnne fabrics and I picked out a bunch of cute flannel, fleece, and a bit of cotton. I then cut up some old pilly blankies and towel and went to town. I first made an insert for my two purchased pocket diapers out of an old blanket and a cheap burp cloth (it's the one with tractors and such on it). Then, I moved on to bigger things and made a fitted dipe! Complete with elastic in the legs and a pocket in case it isn't absorbant enough. This doesn't have a waterproof layer, so I'm still planning to buy a couple of Polyurethane Laminate covers to use over the fitted dipes. I decided to try first on plain old cotton, so I made this four layers thick (two cotton, one towel, one extra layer of towel down the middle). Isn't it lovely!? Don't make fun of my uneven stitching! I haven't used a sewing machine since I was about 14 and my scissors need to be replaced. I might still add some velcro, or I might just buy a snappi or two.
Here is my collection as it stands now! (L-R, T-B : Two Blueberry pockets, two work-at-home-mom (WAHM) made All-in-2s (they have snap in liners), one WAHM All-in-one, my first insert, and my first fitted dipe!)
Now for those not as obsessed with diapers as I am, here is a cute picture of my two guys:
And a video of Everett not wanting a nap in his crib (just wait....) Oh, and sorry it's sideways!:
No comments:
Post a Comment