Thursday, December 29, 2011

The Christmas post


I actually do realize that Christmas was four days ago now, but hey.  I've been busy.  We did present opening with my family on Christmas eve since last year, Everett was breaking down by the afternoon and this year we have a 10 month old too.
Christmas morning, Callum woke up at his usual 7:10ish and I took him downstairs while Brian and Everett slept for another 20 minutes or so. 

What?  I'm not touching it!

The best I could get of the two of them.  Everett smiling and Callum trying to steal his sippy of apple cider.
Ooooh, lights and balls and presents!



Everett enjoying his new harmonica



















Then we got dressed and headed over to Brian's parents' for yet another present opening session.  As anticipated, this took pretty much all day and Everett had his breakdown around dinnertime and didn't really manage to eat anything.  We came home spoiled and tired.
Little Christmas walker

Monday, the whole gang went up to Duluth and Brian and his dad went to Home Depot and Menards to get bathroom remodeling stuff.  That's right.  We were planning to replace the tub surround since ours was so old and cracked and icky, and suddenly, we are installing a new tub and surround (no more blue tub!), new cabinet, a wall, and painting cabinets.  Yikes!
Tuesday, I was still feeling kind of blah from a cold, so we called off daycare and took it easy.  Well, as easy as life will allow with two little boys and a husband who's working on the bathroom.
Wednesday, Brian and Everett went skiing with Auntie C and grandpa.  I stayed home with two babies and watched a Mystery Diagnosis marathon.
And that brings us up to the present.  Where I am dealing with an overtired, but won't nap, 3 year old, two babies in a homemade ball pit and a sleeping one upstairs.  Oh, and constant construction noises coming from the bathroom upstairs.

1 comment:

Gina said...

Great pics! Stinks that you got sick - we are dealing with sickness in our house now too. Hope you feel better soon!