Friday, December 23, 2011
Nursing strike - 0, Me - 1
That's right. I officially declare a win over the nursing strike. Callum's gums must be feeling much better and I haven't taken his teething necklace off him in days. I haven't been bit in days AND he's back to his regular, happy to see me nursing. It was slightly heartbreaking to try and nurse your baby only to have him cry and push you away. But I win. Booyah. This is one instance where I'm kind of grateful for my stubbornness because even I was about to give in and wean him to formula. I was just sick of the extra stress that it was causing me. But I'm too stubborn (and too cheap to buy formula), so I pumped three times a day for a few days there and let Callum have the bottles (which he gobbled up, little stinker) and just kept offering. And it's as if nothing happened. Oh, and? Last night? He woke up to nurse before we went to sleep and then only woke at 1 and 5! Yay for my boy! He didn't spend ANY of the night in our bed. I think having the space heater in his room is helping a bit with that too. Even with the heat on, our rooms get cold at night. Now that Everett's big enough to snuggle himself up under the blankets, I decided our space heater would live a better life in Callum's room, so it moved. Now we just have to get Callum sleeping all the way through the night and figure out how to rearrange rooms so the boys can share their sleeping space.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment