Monday, October 13, 2008

Finally some pictures [33w1d]

Okay, here I am! And I come bearing pictures! I know, I know, I might have been attacked by angry mobs had I dared show my face here without providing a peace offering of photographs. Since I don't care much for angry mobs, I just decided to prevent this problem altogether.
On Saturday, we returned the breast pump we had bought from Target (because mom found a double Medela for $20 at a garage sale in Ashland!!!) and used the money to get more necessary baby things. It was a bit expensive, but I'm feeling much better about life now - you know I can't feel good about life unless I feel adequately prepared for things.
On Sunday morning, Brian went for a bike ride with some of the tri club, and I thought, "hmm...maybe I shouldn't be entirely useless today and actually do something with everything we bought yesterday..." So, I worked on The Nursery. (Capital letters show scary emphasis.)
Here is the valence we found at a garage sale this summer. Brian actually put this up a while ago after we bought a curtain rod on another trip to Target. We also found the little lighthouse window hanging at a different garage sale and since I'm vaguely attempting to create a nautical theme for the kiddo, it's now in the window. (We still need to take down old stuff from the walls like those seen in this picture).

This is a bookshelf that we bought at a garage sale last year and it has been a long battle to get things off of it to use for baby stuff. I finally stacked things better and removed some books to free up the top two shelves. The lighthouse lamp was Brian's from long ago and we bought a nice new plain white shade for it (the one before was bent and had yellow ships on it...not my style...). The shell is also Brian's, but I don't know if it will remain there. On the top shelf is also a pile of fuzzy blankets! One I made, one Nancy made, and one I bought. The second shelf is currently holding the basket full of onesies and two bins of random stuff that will probably be replaced by other, more useful stuff later. (You'll also notice the swing and carseat on the floor.)
Here's a picture of our new changing table! Although it isn't white, it was too cute to pass up. While at Target, we bought this nice new changing pad (yes, there is a strap and buckle attached). This thing is now loaded with necessary items, i.e. diapers, receiving blankets, wipes, thermometer, comb/brush, clippers, aspirator, and desitin. Within those lovely doors are baskets and bins of socks, bibs, burp cloths, bath stuff, bottles, and other random items.

Here's another exciting picture for you! This is the most recent blanket I made, and I must say, I am quite proud of myself. I discovered this technique called "intarsia" which immediately struck me as a fascinating combination of knitting/crocheting and cross stitching! I only made the preemie sized blanket because the regular sized one would have taken a whole lot of yarn. You will notice a large white square in the middle of the picture. It does not look this way in real life. Snowp's initial is in this square, and of course, I don't want you to see it!

Here's a closer look at one of the stars.

Well, that's it! Nope, no belly picture this time. It's been hot and sticky and I refuse to let Brian take any pictures until it cools down. :)

No comments: