On Saturday morning, we had our breastfeeding class. I did learn some new things, especially about pumps and other equipment, and Brian learned a lot. I did not enjoy having to use a baby doll to pretend to breastfeed. Seriously people....a plastic doll..... ugh.
After the class, we decided to not try and drive back to the West side a half hour before the start of the Purdue-Penn State game - that traffic would have been icky - so we stayed in Lafayette. I had wanted to go to the mall, but then remembered that we were near Once Upon a Child. So we stopped there to check out the used goods, and...success! We found a perfectly new looking pack n play for $40 and a lamaze play mat for $12! Yay! Two more big items off my list! Now we need mostly little things like side-snap t-shirts, receiving blankets, more burp cloths, and medications plus some way to store his clothes. Still working on that last one. I'm considering a range of items from shelves with baskets to a hanging organizers, to a dresser.
I've been working on a little blanket recently which will include snowp's first initial when it is complete. I had gotten to the point of needing to include the initial, so I told Brian we needed to decide on his name. We talked very briefly and then he went off to watch a football game with Ron. When he came back, I had completed the initial, and he said, "Oh, so I guess his name is ______?" (That's right, I'm not telling you!!) So, our snowpea has a name (not officially of course, that's not until a birth certificate is made). I've been leaning toward the name for a long time but just couldn't kick out the poor other names that I liked. But I think this has really been his name for a long time now. We just have to discuss the middle name situation, but I am leaning toward one over the other already, so I pretty much have his full name in my mind.
I'm starting to think that we need to get this baby room put together soon as we are now at 32 WEEKS! Yikes! Weeks are seriously passing without my noticing and I can't believe we're getting so close already. Just over a month, and he could technically be done cooking. I think about that and then let him know that he is free to stay for quite a while longer if he'd like, as long as he doesn't lodge any body parts in my ribs for extended periods of time. There are a few times when I swear he must be standing up straight (and sideways in my belly) because all of a sudden, my belly will have sharp parts showing on either side. He's getting to be a strong little bugger and when he moves around, it's a strange mix between "ow!" and "weird!"
Well, that's all for now. The next doctor appointment is on Friday, Brian has fall break Sat-Tues, and all is still going well (besides me needing a nap often).
No comments:
Post a Comment