Yesterday's dr. appointment actually taught us new things! We still had to wait a half hour to get in, but we also spent a little time chatting. Apparently there is still a slight risk that I would have to deliver at the icky old hospital. Dr. was telling us about how another dr. was at the old hospital with a VBAC and because it's a more risky birth, he couldn't leave the hospital. As a result, he had to deliver three other babies at the old hospital instead of the new. Poo on that idea! I don't like the old icky hospital! I want the new one with the giant rooms and flat screen tvs! : )
Everything is still right on track. Weight, bp, urine are good, baby's hb is good, fundal height is 34cm. Also, dr. figured out how snowp is chilling out in there and I was exactly right! I'm so proud of myself. sniff sniff. He is most definitely head down (as I knew from hiccups in my tailbone...) and she grabbed his head...through my skin! Strange strange things happen at these places called doctor's offices. Oh yeah, but continuing with the description: His head is down, he's lying with his back along my left side (which is why I have a large hard lump on my left and not my right), butt up by my ribs, and feet that enjoy kicking my on the right side. And although I swear the other night he was trying his darndest to turn himself completely in a circle, dr. says that is very unlikely to happen now. Hear that snowp? You may try but will not succeed!!! Or better not.... ok time to stop taunting the unborn child now.
In two weeks, we have another appointment which will start the beginning of the scary internal exams! Eek! To repeat the words of the dr., those aren't comfortable when you're not pregnant, so it's not that fun. After the first check, I have the choice to get checked every week or every other. We'll see how the first one goes before I decide. Anyway, for those of you who are wondering about why I would get internals, let me briefly explain: boys beware. Since I will then be 36 weeks (plus some days), the dr. is going to start checking to see if my cervix has dilated or softened at all (which is what it does when you have a baby). ; ) Since 37 weeks is technically golden brown, snowp could decide to make his appearance as soon as Nov 9! Craziness! (Of course I know he could make an appearance whenever he darn well feels like it, but I'm just telling you the dates here, people!) He could also decide to show up on the 16th (38 weeks), which is the day Brian and I went on our first date. Or if he decides to be a little butt, he could very possibly wait until December and be a painful birthday present for me. Who knows.... my mom apparently, who is convinced that he won't make it to his due date because I might explode or something. So far, I am happy to say that I am not so uncomfortable that I'm cranky about the bun still baking....he supposed to still be baking!....but once 37 weeks hits, I might be whistling a different tune.
Well, that's pretty much it. I have to figure out a halloween costume this weekend (I have some ideas) and carve my jack-o-lantern! (Brian doesn't want to carve one, because I just fix it anyway...)
No comments:
Post a Comment