Thursday, October 16, 2008

Sneaky, whiney people! [33w4d]

I knew that announcing we had picked a name but withholding the gem from y'all would promote some subversive tactics, but geesh people! :) My mom has now tried to trick me (twice!) into giving away any hints, darling sister-in-law has tried to convince me that since she's my "favorite person," I should tell her, and I've received other notices that people are just curious. Not that I mind, of course, because none of you are going to be told the name! mwa ha ha! I told Brian last night that he is not allowed to tell anyone what the name is either. He questioned this rule, pondering what might happen if he did happen to tell someone. My reply involved bodily harm, ridiculously inappropriate emotional responses, and that I would change the name and he would not find out what the boy will be called until he is born. So now you see, I'm serious here. No one will know the name!!!! :)

In other strange and should-be-private pregnancy news, I've now developed some ki
nd of tender spot right under my sternum and ribs. It kind of hurts to touch and doesn't feel so great when a certain someone decides to stick a pointy body part up in the spot. I'm sure it's just another of my whiney complaints (ribs hurting, back sore, running into things with balloon-like body, stretching skin, etc.), but it is particularly grievous to me that playing too much guitar hero now causes physical discomfort somewhere other than my poor little fingers that can never manage to get from green to orange and back quickly enough...

Tomorrow we leave for Bloomington so Brian can leave me sitting in a smoky motel room all day while he enjoys the fresh air, riding the Hilly 100 with his grandpa and Ron and Katie. (yes, there were two "and"s in there, but it's because I say "Ron and Katie" as if it were one word.) Of course, now that riding a tandem for 100 miles would be true physical torture, I can admit that the ride was quite fun last year. And just for fun, here's a picture of us during a rest last year:

No comments: