Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Much Better!

The terrible, miserable experience of getting shots is now forgotten and I have my angelic baby back! Here he is this afternoon: Everett even behaved as well as he could for our church baby shower last night. He did get pretty fussy, but hey, he was sleepy! Toward the end of the evening, he just needed some snuggles and fell asleep in my arms. We got some wonderful gifts - books, clothes, diapers, and wipes! - and got to spend some time with some great ladies. Brian even came along (for fear of Everett the Terrible reappearing), but ended up just changing one diaper, and sitting reading his book in the other room the rest of the time. We have started to figure out that Everett will yell at us to change his diaper, which pleases him to no end. We've known for a long time that he hates his wet diapers, but now he's quite vocal about it. We know that his yelling is often a precursor to crying, but sometimes it's just so darn funny, we laugh at him for a while before doing something to fix the problem. Mean, mean parents! One of Brian's advisors also sent us a baby gift - the Itzbeen baby timer - which I quickly realized would have been a lifesaver those first 6 weeks, but it still very handy now. It has four different timers that count up after you hit the buttons (feeding, diaper, sleeping, and other) so you can see how long 'itzbeen' since those events last occurred. Very cool. It also has a night light and backlight! Sometimes, I wish I came up with these ideas....
Also, we got our taxes done on Saturday - yay!!! Instead of putting our entire return into savings like we should, I'm planning to spend a bit of it. We really want a little green machine, so we're going to splurge on that (cats + baby = messy house!), and some will also go to the next dentist visit. Yuck. And of course, most of the rest will be going to our rent since I'm not working nearly as much as I used to. I'm still doing work from home (and about 3 hrs per week in the office with the baby!), and I'll be going back half time later this month, but it's not enough to pay the rent!
Anyway! I am going to take advantage of this quiet napping time before the Ever monster wakes up and possibly work on some cross-stitching. Have a great day!

1 comment:

Brittney said...

Yay for showers and tax returns! I'm wondering if we should get ours done now and hopefully look forward to a return, but I'm always afraid we're going to have to pay more - ick! :) What church do you guys go to now?