Saturday, February 21, 2009

We have hands!

Becoming a mommy makes you see things as beautiful that you never would have before. While desperately trying to get Ev down for a nap (which didn't work...he's now snoozing in his sling as I type), he got his hands up in front of his face, and the focused, amazed look on his face was beautiful. He looked like he was trying so hard to make connections and determine just what, exactly, these things were and how they were moving whenever he did something. The past couple of days, Ev has been pretty quick to get upset. He'll go from happily playing to wailing in two seconds flat. I think he's getting started on his 3 month growth spurt a week early...he woke up twice last night instead of the glorious one time we had been experiencing. So last night it was feeding at 6:15, bath at 7:30, meltdown immediately afterward (don't ask me, it's just been the past two days) which is only eased by rocking and another quick nursing at 8, dreamfeed at 10ish (feeding while he's still asleep...coolest thing ever), then, instead of sleeping until 4 or 5, he was up at 12ish and again at 5. Oh well! At least he did it on a weekend so I could unintelligibly mutter to Brian to go give the baby his nuk at 7. Then Brian was very nice and got up with the babe so I could sleep until 8:30. Yay!

My new obsession with cloth diapers has led into a burning desire to buy a simple sewing machine. Yes, I know I'm ridiculous, but I want one! I want to make diapers! (And Brian wants shirts tailored, which I guess I could try to do after watching some youtube....yes, that's how I became obsessed with the making cloth diapers idea....youtube is the greatest invention ever!)

Anyway! Brian has an interview in IL on Thursday, so we're thinking we might all head up there for a night. (I can't work anyway since Brian will have the car...and I want to go to Ikea!!!)

2 comments:

Brittney said...

Ooh! Where in IL?

Anonymous said...

Good luck to Brian in Chicago!! And make sure to stay out of the ghetto! Lol.