How far along? 21 weeks
Total weight gain/loss: around 13 lbs
How big is baby? Ultrasound measured him in at 15 oz. His measurements put his due date two days earlier, but at this point, we'll just stick with 2/23. Your generic baby would be about 12 ounces and about 10 1/2 inches long. This week baby boy is the length of a carrot!
Maternity clothes? I'm still wearing lots of non-maternity shirts and my maurices jeans, but it's getting to the point where the jeans aren't super comfy all day and some shirts are starting to ride up too much. Just ordered two pairs of jeans off ebay, so hopefully those will fit and expand my wardrobe.
Stretchmarks? nope
Sleep? The middle-of-the-night-leg-cramps have returned. I hate them more than anything in the world. I toss and turn all night and whilst straightening my left leg around 3 am, it cramped. Oh, it cramped. The kind of cramp that fully awakens you and makes you say a bad word and forces you to attempt to breathe normally and stretch the cramp away but it doesn't do any good. Other than these evil evil cramps, sleep has been good again.
Best moment this week? The ultrasound was pretty great. Still can't believe there's a penis there though. Also, my gramma came to visit and I got to do some shopping, black catting, and visiting with her. She hadn't yet met Everett and he loved her!
Movement? Oh yeah. The ultrasound tech and her intern had some trouble getting measurements because little bug was twisting, turning, flipping, and moving all around. They asked if he always moves this much. Yep. Whenever I sit/lie down. Another mountain biking/running/triathlete baby on the way.
Food cravings? Brian and Everett made apple pies on Saturday. Mmmm.... Yesterday I really wanted a pb&j for some reason.
Bellybutton? blech
Boy/Girl? BOY! What the heck?! I was so sure it was a girl. The crafty side of me is a bit disappointed...there were a lot of cute things I wanted to sew and knit. But I am so excited to have another boy. We already have all the clothes we'll need, just a few diapers to add. Everett is going to have a little brother to play with and hang out with forever. I always wanted boys, so really, this is great. I love being a boy mommy.
Labor signs? Nope, just braxton hicks.
What I miss? Drinks with friends
What I am looking forward to? Buying new diapers! Blues, greens, yellows, oranges, stripes, dinosaurs, trucks, argyle....
Milestones: Ultrasound done! Leg cramps from hades. Big, constant moving.
No comments:
Post a Comment