Monday, February 7, 2011

37/38 week check up

Males beware.  This post concerns matters involving the female body and its progression toward labor.  Turn away now if you don't want to know way too much about icky girl details. 

Well, we've made some progress towards outside baby, but not a whole lot.  At 37 weeks, 5 days, we're now sitting here at 4cm (yeah, that mark that is supposed to indicate active labor....4cm?  Not my boys....they like to make me sit around at 3-4 cm for weeeeeks before being born.).  50% effaced and a -2.  -2.  Seriously?  The boy is pushing on my cervix so much, it doesn't seem possible to be at a -2 station!  (FYI, -2 is like one step away from actively floating around in there.  Like, not really sitting deep in the pelvis yet.)  Just for comparison, at this point with Everett (1 day off, but hey), I was at a full 3cm, 80% effaced and a -1 station.  So way more effaced and low.  This child is not giving me hope that he'll decide to be born before 39 weeks, 6 days.  Probably because I still don't have a name fully decided on, the carseat is not installed, the curtain is not up in the nursery, and the wool diaper covers are not lanolinized.  Maybe once I get all of this done, he'll come.  Right?  Hmmm...

In other news, the packers won the super bowl, eh?  We went to a friend's house for a massive party and had a fantastic time!  Everett stayed up for the whole game, running around with all the other little kids.  He loved that everyone was wearing "huppa!" shirts (translates to football, obviously) and there were lots of yummy things to munch.  We only had a couple breakdowns and he zonked out as soon as we drove away in the car.  He was still tired today and fell asleep on the way to a playdate, and again on the way back and I managed to completely undress and rediaper him and put him in bed without him waking up.  And now he's still asleep.  Maybe I should have used this precious time to take a nap, but instead I sewed up a pair of wool longies and a wool soaker for new babe (to do lists, people!).  I did manage to get a full 8 hours of sleep last night since Everett was so zonked out, he didn't wake up knocking!  Glorious!  And now he's waking up, so I'd better go tend to him. 

No comments: