Wednesday, February 9, 2011

38 weeks

How far along?  38 weeks.  We're only 1 week, 6 days shy of when Everett was born.
Total weight gain/loss:  28-ish lbs
How big is baby? 
Baby's now around 6.8 lbs and 19 1/2 inches long (for your generic baby, of course).  At our appointment on Monday, Dr. (who is back to work!  phew!) estimated baby at a bit over 6.5 lbs.
Maternity clothes?  Yep.  And not always matching either.  ;)
Stretchmarks?  and growing...
Sleep?  I feel so tired all the time but the past two nights, Everett has slept through the night again!  We've moved his bedtime a half hour later (now 8 pm) and while it's harder on us, it seems to be serving him ok.  We had to wake him up this morning at around 7:15!
Best moment this week?  Getting some stuff done.  Worked on wool diaper covers yesterday and I just need to lengthen a pair of Ev's before I do a big wash/lanolinizing.  I guess it was nice to find out I was at 4cm....sort of.
Movement?  Yeeeeessssssssss...........the head-butting is reeeeeally starting to get annoying now.
Food cravings?  Coke.  I know, terrible, but I'm addicted right now.  On a recent wal-mart trip, I bought a pack of those little 8 oz (?) bottles and a 12 pack of sparkling grapefruit waters.  YUM.
Bellybutton?  Same.
Boy/Girl?  Boy.
Labor signs?  Besides the crazy dilation?  Not a lot.
What I miss? Sleeping, being able to bend and reach things, not constantly feeling like I need to go to the bathroom.
What I am looking forward to? Kind of starting to look forward to this whole not being pregnant thing.
Milestones:  Baby's pretty much ready to be born.  All organs should be developed and mature.

No comments: