Still here, still pregnant, and wishing you a Happy Valentine's Day! Ev and I had a busy morning of a doctor's appointment, a trip across the parking lot to the grocery store to get some "you were a good boy" donuts, a trip back across the parking lot to share them with daddy, and then a swing by the library to get new books and listen to grandma goose. Then we came home, read all the new books, had lunch, and I took a nap. The boy sat in his room for two hours and did not sleep. Really, this whole "I'll nap for anyone but mama" thing is getting ridiculous. I knew he was safely locked in his room (quiet you, it's what we have to do), the stairs were blocked off with a gate in case he DID get out, so I zonked while he played.
For the check up update. Oddly enough, one of the first things dr. said to me today was ask if I had though about inducing. Insert sideeye. At 38 weeks, 5 days? Of course I'm not thinking about inducing! Although if he'd asked me on Saturday after not sleeping because of contractions all early morning, the sideeye may not have been so severe. I just told him that I'd really rather avoid induction. He apparently just wanted me to know that he's okay with the idea from here on out and I didn't feel like arguing medical reasons for induction with my doctor, soooo.....
Still sitting here at 4 cm, now 75% effaced, still -1 station. So he is slowly making some more progress, but he's just going to be like his big brother. Have mama be in "early labor" for a month and a half and then make his entrance when he's good and fat and ready. And I'm okay with that. I really am. Sure, I am extremely uncomfortable, rarely sleeping well, finding food less and less appealing (excluding chocolate of all sorts and regular coke - caffeine, high fructose corn syrup, acid and all), but that doesn't mean I am going to force my and little peanut's bodies into something they are obviously preparing for all on their own. My body knows what's going on, baby's getting big (measuring 39.5" fundal height today), and things will happen when they are supposed to. Oh, and Brian no longer has to leave town this week, so I'm much more relaxed. Still working on picking the right name, but everything else is ready now. I'm even alllmost ready to take care of a newborn again. Definitely ready to be done working, but not quite ready for the paychecks to disappear. So you know.... any day/hour now....
Oh and look at Ev's ticker. Today he is 2 years, 2 months, 2 weeks, and 2 days old! Cool!
No comments:
Post a Comment