Oops, I'm an hour late this morning and all my blog stalkers are probably thinking I've gone into labor. Well, gone into being a flexible term. I've kind of been in labor for a week and a half (in my opinion). Still no outside baby though!
Also, a quick mention of my lovely little toddler boy. We have plenty of fights with him about mess making, tantrum throwing, disobeying, etc. but sometimes that boy makes me forget all of those instances. Last night, I felt like crap and came downstairs after changing into pajama pants and a large t-shirt. Everett looked at me, pointed, and said, "pretty Mama! pretty!" My eyes got a little bigger, I looked down at my shirt and said, "my shirt is pretty?" He just repeated, "pretty mama!" Brian stated that he's teaching Everett to always tell me I'm pretty. My boys are pretty awesome.
So here's the weekly update.
How far along? 39 weeks. 6 days short of when Everett was born.
Total weight gain/loss: 27-ish lbs. Lost one this week! I just can't fit as much food in my stomach anymore.
How big is baby? Baby is probably now over 7 lbs and over 20 inches. He's the size of a nice little mini watermelon. Belly is measuring 39.5cm though, so I think he's a little on the big side. I don't think I ever measured that big with Ev, which would explain the lovely stretch marks I've grown this time.
Maternity clothes? Yes. I have decided to wear as many maternity clothes as I can before baby's born because I can still wear my big, regular clothes after baby is born, but won't want to wear maternity stuff.
Stretchmarks? yessss.......
Sleep? I was ready to give up yesterday after being up much of the night and finally just giving up at 6 am. It's amazing how much different I feel when I get a good night's sleep (like Sat/Sun nights and last night) versus when I am up with contractions repeatedly (every other night since last Tuesday or so). So yesterday = bad day, today = not too shabby. I'm not begging baby to get out today.
Best moment this week? Everything's ready. Well, except the house being clean, but you know....
Movement? He's still wiggling in there. He obviously doesn't have as much kicking space, but he still manages to wiggle a bit.
Food cravings? Coke and chocolate. Healthy, right? At least I'm still eating some good things like smoothies, flax/wheat cereal, grapefruits, carrots....
Bellybutton? Same.
Boy/Girl? Boy.
Labor signs? We're slowwwwwllllly making progress.
What I miss? Sleep, bladder capacity, non-aching belly skin, having the energy to play with my Ever monster.
What I am looking forward to? Baby.
Milestones: We're done. Cooked. Ready. Time to be born. Hear me, little guy????
Belly pic from the camera phone in the work bathroom:
38 weeks and 39 weeks


1 comment:
Oh my goodness that "pretty" comment is adorable!! Hope Sam teaches it to Olaf! Ha ha!
Good luck with labor and delivery if I don't message you by then! I have a feeling it will be soon! :) Also I can't wait to hear the name!!
Post a Comment