Sunday, March 11, 2012

Crawling back out of a hole

Well.  I was going to write a comprehensive, thoughtful summary of my real food challenge week and then Wednesday at midnight the plague hit us.  Ok, not the plague, but close to it.  I spent midnight Wednesday through Thursday mid-morning being puked on, and then 3 pm Thursday, it hit me.  I am JUST NOW finally starting to feel normal again.  I cannot believe kids.  Everett threw up once, watched a lot of tv, and was back to normal in no time.  Callum's still a bit whiny, but that kid can puke all over and then get up and run across the house.  Brian got sick for an evening and a day and is off skiing today.  Me?  I spent an entire evening in lying on the bathroom floor, a night of tossing, turning, and sipping water, and then 2 days of lying around barely moving because when I moved I got hit by a wave of nausea.  Woe is me.  Anyway.  Yeah.  So now we're all nearly better and the house isn't a complete disaster thanks to husband and I being sick on just barely overlapping schedules.
Everett's watched enough tv to last him a month, but luckily he got out of the house to go swimming with nana, playing outside in the gorgeous weather with Uncle Benj, and now skiing with Daddy and his buddy Ry.  He gets to try out his new skis today that are 30cm bigger than his first pair!  We're hoping he does ok.  He started on 70cm and by his height, we think he should be on about 85-90cm.  Well, we didn't want to waste money since he'll just grow more this summer, so we went with a great deal on ebay for a pair of 100cm.  He's working on his "french fry" turns so he doesn't get so tired from "making pizza" all day long.
And that's that.  We're all still alive.  The house is standing.  And I'm folding the fifth(?) load of laundry this weekend.  Oh yeah, the washer repair guy showed up right as I started getting sick but at least we got to wash pukey sheets that evening!

No comments: