Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Steamboat

Yeah, so I apparently haven't blogged in decades.  So I'm going to do a quick recap of the past two weeks.
Two weeks ago - we were sick.  It sucked all the life out of everything.  Then we got better and had to pack.
Last week - we went to Colorado for a week!  We left on Saturday morning and had a 4ish pm flight from Mpls to Denver and got in at bedtime (for the boys).  Grandpa and Auntie Christy were there to pick us (Bri, me, boys, Grandma) up.  It took us another 3 hours to get to Steamboat Springs and we all just went straight to bed.
Sunday - Brian and Everett's first day skiing
On the lift with Christy
Matching Auntie and Nephew
Having a snack on the mountain



Monday - Brian skied again.  Everett was too tired.  Apparently he had a headache which I wasn't informed about until we were on the way back to WI.  The boys and I hung out at the condo, went to McDonald's for smoothies, etc.
Tuesday - day off.  Being the nerd that I am, I looked up the local library, found a storytime, and we ran over for that at 9:30 am.  We also ventured across the river from the library and checked out a couple of the hot springs.  That afternoon, we went to the hot springs in town.  Everett was 4" too short for the waterslides, so we just swam around their pools and hot tubs.
Callum thought hot springs were pretty awesome.  So did I.
Wednesday - another skiing day.  Is it bad that I don't even remember what I did that day?  I think that's the night that Brian, Christy, and I went downtown after dinner for desserts and such.
Thursday - day off.  In the morning, Brian, Christy, and I took the boys to this cool place that was filled to the brim with inflatable bounce stuff (slides, castles, obstacle courses) and had an upper level for 3 and under.  The boys LOVED it.  I wish we had something like the upper floor here in town.  
Climbing at the end of the obstacle course
 


I kind of had way too much fun throwing him onto the wall.  :)
 

Daddy got in on the fun too
 



And then we went to a much cooler hot springs.  Like, on a river up in the mountains.  One of the pools was super hot (like 106) and the next one down was much better for babies.  Bathtub temp.  Ahhhh...  One problem.  Sunburns.  Oops.  At least I had the boys in rash guards so only Callum's little forearms got a bit red.
He was being a stinker.  So I kissed him.
 



Just floating around.
Aaand done swimming.
Friday - more skiing.  Callum and I actually rode up the gondola to have breakfast with the rest of the crew and rode back down to hang out and watch Everett come down the mountain.
Little ski bum
Christy, Brian, Grandma and Everett
Callum and my view going back down the gondola

We didn't leave there until noon and then grabbed lunch and went shopping.  Friday was apparently Steamboat's spring sidewalk sale for downtown so it.was.awesome!  Christy joined us when she was done skiing and then we made it back just in time for dinner.  So many spoils!  Including: $12 Teva sandals, $52 chacos to replace the pair I have worn completely through, a $15 patagonia dress (orig $70!!!), a stormy kromer (yes I went to CO and bought a hat made 40 minutes from home), sunglasses for the boys (both pairs=$21), and a free latte.....ahhh...I love good deals.
Friday night we had Brian's fraternity brother over for dinner and then went out with him to the Tap House and watched some march madness.
Saturday - we left early in the morning to catch our 1 pm flight out of Denver.  This was our little movie star traveler:
Got picked up in Mpls by Brian's aunt and was served a lovely dinner at her house and then headed home.
PHEW!
And now we're home.

1 comment:

Brittney said...

Looks like fun! Glad you guys got the sickness out of the way before your trip. I took Ole to a place with inflateables (called Pump It Up here) last week and we had a ton of fun. Why didn't they have those when we were growing up? :)