Friday, March 2, 2012

Real Food Challenge - Day 2

First off, I got hungry last night.  So instead of ice cream or cookies (sigh) I had some mixed nuts and water.
Second off, I realized that our bread has some iffy ingredients at the end of the list.  Lame!  I looked at the beginning of the list for whole grains and no corn syrup, but the end has a little meh. I really dislike when ingredient lists contain something "as a preservative."  Ick.

So I went and bought some local bread that was marked down to the SAME PRICE as this bread, with a much more beautiful ingredient list:
Booyah.
On to today.

Breakfast:
-Old fashioned oats with blueberries frozen from the summer
-Coffee with Coffeemate Natural Bliss Vanilla creamer

Lunch: 
-Leftover honey chicken stir fry
-Mozarella cheese stick
-Water
-blueberries
-red pepper bread

Snacks:
I was at my parents' washing diapers and I MAY have had some real food cookies and fudge.  What?  I know the ingredients in those: sugar, flour, salt, butter, sugar, cocoa, sugar, sugar, sugar

Dinner:
-Spinach macaroni and cheese made with sharp cheddar and goat cheeses, organic spinach, and whole wheat noodles
-Skim milk
-Red pepper bread

Other participants

No comments: