Saturday, March 3, 2012

Real Food Challenge - Day 3

I've discovered something.  Evenings are my weak time when it comes to food.  I crave chocolate and sweets and it's hard to come by those that aren't full of nastiness *ahemgirlscoutcookiesahem*.   Last night, instead of devouring some of the ice cream (carrageenan amongst other things??), I had a chobani pomegranate greek yogurt.  It just wasn't the same.
Realization #2?  Weekends are hard!  I failed today....big time.  But it wasn't my fault, I swear!  Here we go!

Breakfast:
-Coffee with sugar and cream from local coffee shop
-Pecan sweet roll from local coffee shop
Now these might sound questionable, but I know they make their baked goods from scratch and they generally use local/organic ingredients, so I think I'm safe.  :)

Lunch:
Forewarning: We were at a birthday party so I tried to be as good as I could and still not starve to death.
-Chili with saltines.  I know the chili was from cans because I harassed the little birthday girl's dad about it.  :)
-Fruit salad.  All fresh, so I think it was ok.
-Water (I brought my own)
The boys on the other hand also had hot dogs, cake, and juice.  Hey, they didn't ask to be part of the challenge.

Snacks:
I realized I was really hungry when we got home, so I had some leftover spinach mac & cheese and a glass of skim milk.
THEN
We took Everett to his first movie theater movie, The Lorax.  I went prepared with a larabar and even a clif kids bar for the E-man, BUT Brian insisted that we HAD to get popcorn covered in fake butter and pops.  Who am I to say no on the boy's first movie outing?  Bad bad bad, I know....

Dinner:
-Slow cooker moroccan lentil soup
-Some of that omgdelicious wheat bread from the bakery with butter
-skim milk

We'll see if I make it through this evening without breaking down and devouring sweets.  I'm trying to convince myself that the popcorn and pop didn't ruin the whole day and I need to still be good now....hmmm...

I bet these girls did better than me today:

No comments: