Since I'm in a blogging rut anyway, I decided to take part in the Thankful 30 this month. Because who ever said thankfulness was for November anyway? :)
Since I'm already a day behind (this doesn't bode well for the rest of the month, does it?), I have two to do today.
Day 1 - I am thankful for my husband.
Because really, I wouldn't have a lot of my other favorite things to be thankful for without him. :) There aren't that many people who have married their high school sweethearts, stayed married for (almost!) five years now, had two beautiful little boys, and are very very happy with their life. Brian works his bum off on a daily basis to provide for our family and he is excellent at his job. I mean, honors in undergrad, honors in grad school where he got a master's degree with research, a PE license in less than 3 years after graduation, and now managing projects? Smart guy. He is always encouraging our family to be healthy, whether that is regular exercise, playing outside, or complimenting my healthy cooking so much that I can't ever really slack off and cook junk. He's a pretty fantastic husband and daddy and we'll keep him.
Day 2 - I am thankful for my first baby, Everett.
He brought more joy into my life than I could have imagined. He makes me laugh hourly with silly things he says and and the way he plays with his brother. He also makes me swoon with the way he snuggles, hugs and kisses, and dotes on his baby brother. He was a natural big brother from the moment he met Callum and he takes such good care of him. He's a great helper but also very independent. He loves to pick out clothes for his brother and himself, help cook and clean, and just generally do what I ask. He is my sweet little crazy muffin and I am so glad I get to spend every day with him, watching him grow and learn. I love how he loves books (he definitely got that from me) and snuggles (and that one's from his daddy). I love his infectious laugh and beautiful eyes. I could go on and on because, duh, I'm his mama. But we'll just say, I am grateful for my boy.
No comments:
Post a Comment