Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Thankful 30 - Days 22, 23, & 24

Day 22 - I am thankful for my washing machine.
Hey, I'm a stay-at-home mom who cloth diapers.  I had better love my washing machine.  This was the best housewarming present three years ago and it's been perfect (except that time Brian tried to wash a huge rug in it and then we had to call Sears repair and use disposable diapers...).  Seriously though.  It's an LG.  It has a custom program button, so when I do diapers, I just do a cold rinse for 7 minutes and then hit the "custom program" button and it goes on its way doing a hot wash with two cold rinses and sings me a pretty little song when it's done.
Day 23 - I am thankful for books.  Adult books, kid books, doesn't matter.  I love them.  I mean, this one is kind of obvious, right?  An English Literature major in college?  Yeah.  I love how I don't feel braindead after staying up late, reading.  I love that my boys love reading.  Everett has been into it for a long time and demands three books every night before bed.  Callum's just starting to get the patience to sit still and listen for half a second.  And I must add - my absolute favorite children's author is Mo Willems.  (He was on NPR this morning too!)  If you haven't read any of his books, go get them now.  The Pigeon books, Knuffle Bunny, Piggy & Elephant, Cat the Cat.  They're all awesome.
Day 24 - I am thankful for music.  I know, generic, right?  But right now, Everett is running around the living room with my phone, listening to Adele.  I can somewhat assuage his requests for TV by turning on the toddler music channel on either cable or Pandora.  Callum starts dancing the second he hears a beat and I can tell he's already a great music lover just like his brother.  Brian and I were just talking about how it would be fun to try and get Everett playing the ukulele next year.  If we're still living here, our next door neighbor could teach him.  How awesome would that be?

No comments: