Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Thankful 30 - Days 16, 17 & 18

Day 17 - I am thankful that I've learned how to knit.  It's something that I've spent a lot of time learning and I think I've gotten pretty good at it.  I love that I can make homemade gifts that are actually cute and useful.  I also love that I've learned how to knit woolies for my boys, because dang are they expensive to buy.  It also lets me feel like I have the tiniest bit of an artistic side, which I've never felt in my life.  I always felt like I was no good at sports, I wasn't artistic, not especially smart.  Now I know I can run, I love creating through knitting, and hey, I made it through college with honors.  :)
Day 18 - I am thankful for good sleepers.  My boys are, what I consider, great sleepers.  Everett especially.  He started sleeping through the night at 4 months and sleeps like a log.  About 11-12 hours every night even when his brother cries.  Callum still doesn't sleep all the way through the night, but I'm ok with that because it allows him to get in an extra nursing session and I don't feel any less rested when I wake up for ten minutes at 2 am.  That goes along with the idea that people used to sleep in two distinct sessions per night and were no worse off for it.  I actually feel more tired when he wakes at 11 before I fall asleep.
Day 19 - I am thankful for spring.  Although I could do without the rainy blah days like today, I do enjoy the spring.  I love the 60-70 degree days with a light breeze, fresh smelling air, and birds singing.  I love to be able to walk to the parks/playgroups with my crew and I love that they have a place to get fresh air and run around, getting all those wiggles out.

No comments: