Aquariums and Letters
First off, I have to tell you about the newest Everett skill. Yesterday, I was sitting at the computer desk with the monitor next to me while Ev slept in his room. I heard him stirring a little bit but he was still sleeping. Then suddenly, I hear his aquarium start (fisher price ocean wonders aquarium - it plays music and has a light and moving fish with a start/stop button on the front). I was a bit confused. Then I hear a "whack!" and it's off again. "Whack!" and it's on, then off, then on, then off! I started laughing my butt off and called Brian to tell him about it. He's been doing it consistently for the past day now. He wakes up and whacks his aquarium on and off until he gets bored and yells. Now, he is not consciously touching the button to make this happen, but rather waving his arms around and hitting it. We think he is aware that swinging his arms makes something happen, but probably hasn't made the connection that it is the button that makes the fishie move. He is getting better with his arms/hands every day though. It's really neat that you can actually observe that after he sleeps, he has a better grasp on some skill (babies need sleep time to process what they are learning). If you put a toy near his hand, he will now consistently grasp it and put it in his mouth. He doesn't really reach for toys on his own yet, but that will come soon enough, I'm sure.
Second - Brian actually asked me to share a "rejection" letter from a company (not the one in Ill, still don't know about that job) because it was the nicest rejection either of us had ever read! Here's an excerpt: "...I appreciate your interest in [insert company name here]. Your qualifications are impressive and you interviewed well. However, I regret to say that after careful consideration, [company name] currently has no position available that will adequately utilize your expertise for our mutual benefit. I wish you success in your employment search. I am certain your prospective employer will benefit greatly from a staff member with your qualifications..." Nice, eh? We weren't even really considering this job (it was an on-campus interview) as a valid option, but despite being a "no thanks," it sure was a decent ego boost for Bri! I promise I will update when we know more about jobs/moving.
No comments:
Post a Comment