Friday, March 6, 2009

They shouldn't be allowed to choke.

Babies, that is. It is just wrong that they can choke and scare the living daylights out of their mommies. Ugh! Ever woke up at around 3am for his feeding this morning, and when I got into his room, he was fussing and sucking on his fists. I picked him up and walked over to our la-z-boy, and he started choking (presumably on drool from sucking on his hands). So, I put him over my shoulder and pat his back to help him out. Well, he keeps choking! So then, of course, I go into panic mode, flip him onto my lap and whack his back (probably pretty hard...can't really remember anything but the panic) repeatedly until he finally takes a deep breath. When I sat him back up, I had drool all down my left arm. Seriously. I guess I'm glad I've taken infant CPR 3-4 times because instead of screaming for Brian, I managed to help him out myself, but geesh! It's always the same feeling when a baby is choking - utter panic. I remember my brother choking once (I think I was babysitting, don't kill me mom!) and the same feeling taking over. When they finally take a nice deep breath, you realize how fast you were breathing and nearly cry. Yuck. He had better not do that again for a very very long time!
Moving on now. I finished my first full week of half-days at work today. Result? I'm pooped! It's great though. Instead of sitting around in yoga pants all day, I get a shower, get dressed, get stuff done (and make a tiny bit of money!), then come home and still have some motivation to make lunch, sew, pick up the house, play rock band, etc. Ev's been sleepy today, but I figure he's making up for yesterday when he decided he didn't want anything to do with napping after about noon. His bedtime was later last night because I took him to something at church, so he was quite pleasant for Brian this morning. He got up at 8ish and played, then went back down till about 10, had a bottle and played until I came home and put him back down for a nap. Now he's still sleeping! (Don't worry, I keep checking to make sure he's okay!) We're thinking of going down to Indy this weekend to check out a museum or something because we haven't made weekend plans in....since....umm.....right. Well, that's about all for now. Have a nice weekend y'all!

No comments: