Tuesday, March 10, 2009
A Moment of Thankfulness
I love finding new blogs. If I find a new blog in a blog I already read, I immediately open a new window to see what it is like. This sometimes leads to bad situations, like me crying at work because I followed a link to a blog about a baby who recently died. Since I'm at work (I know, I know, I'm a terrible worker!), I only skimmed the last few entries of the blog for a dear little girl named Gracie, but that was enough to make me wipe away tears and hope no one came into my little office area. Seriously, such a sad story - do not read it if you don't feel like crying. Why do I subject myself to such sad stories, you might ask. Besides keeping me human, these blogs and stories remind me to be grateful for what I have. As horrible as it is to admit, we do get frustrated with Ev sometimes. Example - someone spit out their nuk last night and fussed, only to kick and smile as soon as someone entered his room, resulting in me hearing Brian over the monitor, exasperated and somewhat scolding, "Baby! Go to sleep!" While it can be difficult to be happy and grateful in those moments, I am. Besides being eternally grateful for his health, I love who Ever is. I love that he is so pleasant that he immediately smiles just because someone comes into his room. This morning he decided to be awake for a while during our breakfast instead of his normal routine of eating and then going back to sleep. It was so fun to have him jabbering and cooing at me while I ate instead of sitting alone in the dark with an english muffin (yesterday was a rough morning...). He is just the happiest baby I've ever met and his demeanor makes me a happier person (no matter how much Brian will insist that I'm the angriest person alive). Interesting linguistic post to come soon.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I do the same thing with following blogs - I have really been reading quite a few lately of parents who have lost children. Its amazing how much that actually happens. I guess I never realized that until I watched Ali and Jon go through it. That is certainly a heartbreaking story - what a precious little girl!
Post a Comment