So the past week or so has been full of whine-iness (yeah, word problem there) and fussing and not eating and a fever and anything else you can imagine for dear little Everett but I'm pretty sure he's not teething. It turns out, he has developed cold sores (herpes simplex). The poor boy has sores on his tongue, lips, and corner of his mouth and has just been horribly sad. Incidentally, this coincides with the start of going to daycare. So that makes me feel like a nice, protective, caring mom, but there's not much I can do now. We just have to wait for the sores to go away and then hopefully we'll be able to brush his teeth again and he'll eat something other than cheese and carnation instant breakfasts.
It helps that he's been less stressed this week since daycare was on vacation and he's spent two days (counting today) with grandpa (kuh-puh, as he says). Wednesday, he was happy as a clam to be arriving at grandma and grandpa's with all the dogs, cats, and horses. I hope he just feels better soon and gets back to being his happy, rambunctious self.
We borrowed a book from the library about a little rabbit that is going to get a new baby, but it's not the best, so if anyone has a favorite "new baby in the house" type of book, let me know. I need to get an amazon order together. Also any recommendations for books/DVDs about potty training. I think there's an Elmo one out there that would go over well.
No comments:
Post a Comment