Ev and I trudged out in the freezing blizzard-left snow today for a 9 am doctor's appointment. He actually was quite pleasant for most of the half hour (besides biting my arm and trying to push a button on the exam table - yes, that means a GOOD trip!). He even stood on a chair by the table and held the doppler for the doctor today. He commented on the measuring tape, the sound of the heart on the doppler, the goo for the doppler, and the baby kicks. He loves that baby brother so much already and melts my heart.
Everything was still good at this appointment - blood pressure, weight gain is about 23 lbs, so we don't go in again for four weeks. This pleases me since those every other week appointments always seemed quite silly to me. So we'll have one more month break before we start the every other week and internal checks. (blech.)
After the appointment, Ev and I quickly bundled up and shoveled our heavily snowed on sidewalk before my doula and back-up doula came over to visit. It was nice to talk with them again and in January we'll hopefully go visit the OB area at the hospital to see what kind of stuff they have there (I'm a bit anxious about not knowing exactly what I'll have at my disposal for pain management.) I'm still reading my hypnobirthing book but I'm a little concerned since I have trouble with meditation too; my brain just doesn't like to turn off. I am very excited that they have tubs here since in IN they only had showers and I had to be hooked up to the monitors the whole time.
Well, it's bathtime for a stinky little toddler, so I must go.
1 comment:
Getting closer! Exciting! Everyone is getting a doula now it seems. OK, you and Ashley... but you guys are the only pregnant people I know right now. Ha ha!
Post a Comment