Sunday, January 23, 2011

Baby Shopping

Today we made an all-day trek to Duluth for baby supplies (a mostly Target trip!).  It was quite successful.  Spendy, but successful.  I got my registry welcome bag full of coupons and used my 10% off completion coupon to buy some more stuff.  Here's the list of things bought today for baby #2.
-Infant acetaminophen - 2 pack!
-Diaper cream
-Johnson's Naturals baby wash
-Baby book
-Halo fleece blanket and swaddle set
-Milk storage freezer bags
-A 4oz bottle intended for BFed babies
-One pack of newborn sized disposables
-Pacifiers
-A FREE six pack of premade newborn formula bottles (I figure we might as well have it around in case we need to supplement again, and if we don't use it, I give it to someone or the food shelf - it's free!!!)
-A Sit N Stand double stroller on clearance for $65!  That's half price!

More for the mama side
-Nipple shield (being prepared this time)
-White nursing tank (they were out of the cute lacy ones in small!  grrr!)
-Lanolin

So yeah....expensive, but I am thrilled.  We also got a look at the Fisher Price Rock N Play Sleeper that I was thiiiis close to ordering on amazon and decided I am not going to get it.  I love the idea and it's a very nice little product, but I don't think it's different enough from the Boppy seat we already have to spend the money on it.

We also made quick trips into Hancock Fabrics, Kohl's, Old Navy, and Eddie Bauer, coming away with very little.  We should have just done Target and home!  Got Erbert and Gerberts for lunch and Culver's for dinner so I am set for fast food for quite a while now.

No comments: