Monday, January 3, 2011

Ok, here are my new year's resolutions

It seems like every blog I read has been posting new year's resolutions today, so it has been on my mind and I decided I'd just go ahead and throw them out there while I'm waiting for my bread to finish rising.

1. Have a baby
Pretty self-explanatory.  Should happen by the end of February, so that resolution will be taken care of!

2. Start the day-care process
I have sent in the paperwork for taking the necessary course for county day care certification.  Now I just need to wait on my book and assignments, get those done, and start on the county requirements (TB test, rabies shots for the cats, lots of fees, background checks, house check, etc.).  I am hoping that I will be up and running by summertime.

3. Build a fence
Isn't it nice of me to include my husband in my resolutions?  You know I'm not doing this one on my own!  Kind of essential for a day care and would be reeeeally helpful for my own crazy toddler.

4. Start running again
You may remember that I started running last spring.  Then I got pregnant and tired.  As soon as I get the doctor's okay, I plan to join a gym and start running on the treadmill until the weather is nice enough to go outside.  This may also require some sort of double baby jogging stroller....

5. Run a 5K
I'm making it a reasonable goal and hoping to run a 5K sometime this year.  Maybe in the summer, maybe for Whistlestop.

6. Read more books
I feel like I read nothing this year.  I am currently soaking in a bunch of pregnancy/birth books, but I want to make better use of my kindle this year and spend my spare moments reading.

7. Get on a cleaning schedule
With two kiddos and possibly day care children, I will need to have a strict cleaning schedule.  I have found some ideas, now I just need to sit down and figure out my own personal schedule, write it down, and start on it.  Really loving the resources at simplemom.net.

and of course, the continual
8. Work on relationship
Because relationships are never perfect without work.  I am still working on being a better communicator and taking care of my fair share of duties.

1 comment:

Brittney said...

Hey congrats on the daycare! You'll be great at that - hope all the paperwork and stuff goes smoothly!

Thanks for the Simple mom website - I clicked over there quick and it looks really great. Although I'm still not a cloth diapers convert. ;)