Since one of our coworkers is having a scheduled c-section today and doesn't yet know the sex of baby, we got talking about baby brother and how "you never know" and he could turn out to be a she. I told them, "no. Nope, it's a boy." They doubted me, so I pulled up the picture again.
Yeah....pretty sure they all agree with me now. That's either a boy or a girl with some massive strangely shaped tumor between her legs.
We now have all the newborn and 0-3 little boy clothes washed and ready. Smallest things hanging in the closet, bigger things sitting in a laundry basket waiting for more little hangers. I also want to get a second shelf or bar put into the closet since baby clothes only hang about a foot down and that leaves a large blank space that could be put to much better use.
I really am thrilled to have a second boy. I was a little disappointed at first just because I had it so stuck in my head that it was a girl. I have always wanted boys though. Especially listening to a friend recently talk about her two little boys who are two years apart and how they are just the best of friends and know each other so well. I am really excited to have my two little guys grow up together, helping each other, wrestling, playing, going to school together.... It will be awesome.
Everett already loves his baby brother so much. If ever my belly is showing, he runs up, pulls up my shirt, and slathers his baby in hugs and kisses. We're still working on not pushing babies over (but those are generally 9-12 month olds). In fact, at a birthday party, Brian was holding a two-week old baby and Everett didn't really have a huge problem with it. He wanted daddy to hold him but he wasn't requiring that daddy put the baby down. And when daddy gave the baby back to his mommy, Everett nearly had a fit. He cried and asked for the baby back. I think he may have thought that it was our baby and that lady was taking it away! It was awfully precious. One interesting thing though - whenever Brian was holding Ev and the little baby, Everett somehow ended up with his thumb in his mouth. He NEVER sucked his thumb as a wee one! I have a feeling we may be in for some regression (which is why we're not pushing the whole potty training issue right now either).
Anyways. I should probably get back to work, eh? :)

No comments:
Post a Comment